Social Media has become a driving force in marketing now because of the ability to reach so many people. Due to this more businesses that are not on board will soon ( hopefully for their sake) be venturing into the social media fray. This is a good thing and can only be beneficial to business as there has been a shift in marketing recently.
Three things that I have placed focus on in my constantly changing social media strategy is what I am calling The Three C’s. This is a way that I have found to really work in allowing me to extend the awareness about my brand.
- Content: We have all heard that Content is King, well it’s true. Your content is what allows your to make the initial contact with a person. Think of it as an introduction of sorts so you want to make a good impression so make a consious choice to provide great content always. This can include original written content as well as information from others that you believe your followers would find of value.
- Curation: As a creator of original content, you have to realize at some point that you cannot create an unlimited source of content and this is where curation comes in. Content curation allows you to compile an unlimited supply of information from various sources for your followers. This allows you to claim authority about your subject matter which can promote you as an authority on your subject matter. This is HUGE for the promotion of your brand and marketing any business.
- Clients: Providing original and curated content allows you to provide an essential services while placing you in a position to meet potential clients, connect with current clients and reconnect with past clients.
What’s great about the Three C’s of Marketing your brand, is that it gives you an opportunity to reach out to followers, supply great information of value while creating an avenue to connect with new clients.
- 2012: How New Media Works, THE 12 Social Media Platforms Explained (anisesmithmarketing.com)
- It’s 2012: Poop or Get Off The Pot. It’s Time To Step Up Your Content Game (anisesmithmarketing.com)
- Internet Marketing C.O.D.E. #SocialMedia Marketing Beyond Status Updates and 140 Characters (anisesmithmarketing.com)