3 Ways To Rock Your Business With #QRCodes
QR codes are huge but a lot of people FAIL! This is one of the reasons that people feel as if QR Codes are not practical, useless and stupid. I disagree primarily because I have created very effective QR Code Campaigns. It is more likely that the person that create the QR Code Campaign did not utilize practical methods which rendered the QR Code campaign useless and stupid.
In a technology focused era QR codes are really an effective way to tie online technology and offline strategy. The goal of QR Codes are to allow people, clients and or potential clients the ability to gain more information quickly. So think in terms of a item or product that you use offline and think of some benefits of utilizing a QR Code to drive a person or potential sale to your web presence for a promotion or call to action. Also make sure you give people a reason to scan, Give Em’ Sumthin’ To Talk about! Easy Peasy RIGHT?
The single most important thing with any QR Code campaign is that QR Codes SHOULD ALWAYS POINT TO A MOBILE SITE. I cannot stress this point enough. If you create a campaign and the QR Code points to a traditional website, it may not display properly or even worse it may not display at ALL. This is a scenario for an instance FAIL to your QR code Campaign.
- Business Cards: A business card is very generic no matter how fancy they are, big card, off size, metal, plastic whatever. It’s still a boring business card which could end up on someone’s lame rolodex, business card holder, used as a coaster or even worse destination round file. A business card presents a prime opportunity to add a QR Code. Before adding your QR Code to a business card why not create a 60 second commercial by way of Youtube video displaying your capabilities. NOW this will make your business card rock because you’ve presented your business card in hopes of extending your network or making a sale and presented a QR Code when scanned will instantly tell a prospect more about you. You’ve stepped outside of the boring business card box. Add this video to your mobile site and point your QR code to your mobile site.
- Resume: Everyone has a resume, it’s the same boring blah, blah, blah-blah, blahhhhhhhh about what you’ve done, where you’ve worked and where you went to school. I can do blah blah and I’ve accomplished blah, blah. YAWN. Add a QR Code, now it presents an avenue for the person reading your resume (which is probably the 1000th resume they’ve read) to see your resume in a different light. Create a video about yourself, what you’ve done that is resume worthy and add it to Youtube. Again, you want to add this to video to your mobile site.
- Printed Materials: Add your QR Codes to ALL of your printed materials, brochures and flyers. Again this allows an opportunity to tie in offline marketing materials to your online mobile site.
QR Codes are not stupid, nor are they hard to work with if we think of them in a practical sense. Your target marketing is scanning from their phone so make sure they are able to view whatever you are promoting by way of QR Code, and that it is viewable by their phone.
To get a peak at a QR Code Campaign that is on target, scan the RED Code Below. This QR Code Campaign promoted the Download of a New Music Single, Offered an Opportunity to listen to a streamed version of the song AND most importantly it scanned to a Mobile website. So it presented a reason to scan & it scanned to a mobile site. FOR THE WIN!!
Ok, Get to it! Go Rock Those QR Codes For Your Business!
- #QRCodes: Lets Give Em’ Something To Talk About (qrcodepromoproducts.com)
- #QRCodes Are Stupid: I Know You Are But What Am I… (qrcodepromoproducts.com)
- #QRCodes & #Mobile Web Are Like Batman And Robin (qrcodepromoproducts.com)